$150 Cash Prizes for Best Lesson Plans on BC's Natural Resources
BC K-12 teachers and non-formal educators are invited to share their favourite lesson plans about our environment and its natural resources for one of three $150 cash prizes, based on contest criteria. Natural resources include: forests/forestry, fisheries, mining, energy sources, lands/farming.
Please see previously submitted lesson plans shared freely with educators, downloaded by up to 35,000 a month. Our YouTube channel also features Indigenous and non-Indigenous natural resources experts, like First Nations LNG Alliance CEO Karen Ogen-Toews,sharing advice for youth about careful stewardship of our natural resources, leadership, careers and the importance of staying in school.
Contest Entry Criteria:
- Lesson plans must feature a natural resources topic, include the curriculum subject, grade and cross-curricular competencies, and be your own original work within the last ten years. Here's a handy lesson plan template for use.
- Topics can be anything from climate change to agriculture, aquaculture, energy, sustainable development, Indigenous natural resource management and anything in between. As we are non-partisan, please ensure resources are appropriately balanced. All entries may be posted on our website for teacher sharing.
- Judging panel includes a BC teacher and non-formal educator. Judging criteria is here.
- Email PDFs to email@example.com. Multiple entries accepted but you can only win once.
- Include your full name, email, cell, grade, school for credit and prize contact.
- Contest entrants agree that their names and submissions could be published on our website, in local media and on FORED social media channels.
Entry Deadline: Feb. 10, 2021